Meatballs with chickpeas, tomato sauce
4 people – preparation : 20 min – cooking time : 22 min – 173 kcal
Ingredients (8 balls)
- 2 cans (240g) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, cut into 2
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (385 g) peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Garnish : flat leaved parsley
- Using a food robot, puree the chickpeas, shallots, garlic and flat parsley.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed chickpeas, breadcrumbs and egg. Salt and pepper.
- Divide into meatballs.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet.
- Make brown the meatballs on all sides, 5 min. Set apart.
- Heat the remaining olive oil. Cook the onion, 2 min, until it becomes transparent.
- Add the balls then peeled tomatoes and juice, oregano and a glass of water. Salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat 15 min.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the balls on plates and drizzle with sauce.
- Decorate with parsley.