Carbonades with brown beer and gingerbread
4 people • Preparation time: 15 min • Cooking time: 2h05 • 356 kcal/pp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g beef stew beef, cut into large dice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme, parsley sprigs)
- 1 bottle of brown beer 33 cl
- 1 dl water
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 slice of gingerbread
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- sprigs of parsley
- Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Brown the beef cubes. Sprinkle cornstarch and stir well so that the beef is well coated. It will take about 3 minutes. Take apart.
- Cook the onions and carrots 2 min. until onions are transparent. Salt and pepper.
- Add the bouquet garni and pour the beer and water. The liquid must climb halfway up the meat. Top up if necessary. Finish with brown sugar.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni. Add the wine vinegar.
- Rub the spice mustard bread. Add to casserole, mustard side down. Cover and cook 30 min.
- Divide carbonades into the plates. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.