Fragrant beef tagine
6 people • preparation : 50 min • cooking: 1h10 • 569 kcal/pp
- 700 g of beef stew
- 2 red onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 200 g of chickpeas
- 1 tsp. tomato puree
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Herbs : 5 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 sprig of thyme, ½ c. ginger powder, 1 c. coriander
- Salt and pepper
For the couscous :
- 300 g couscous flour
- Herbes : ½ c. chopped fresh parsley, ½ c. chopped fresh cilantro, a pinch of celery salt
- Cut the onions into pieces
- Cut the carrots into 1 cm thick slices
- Cut the courgette into cubes 5 cm long
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Roast the stew from all sides.
- Add tomato puree, ginger powder, coriander and cloves and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Link with 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Simmer for 50 minutes over very low heat.
- Drain the chickpeas and mix with the meat. Arrange the sliced carrots, diced courgette, cinnamon and thyme on top. Cover again and simmer for 1 h 10 min more. If necessary, add a little water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous. Bring 4 cups water to a boil and season with pepper and celery salt. Remove from heat when the water is boiling and place the flour couscous. Cover and cook the couscous 7 min. Stir with a fork and add the parsley and cilantro.
Serve the tagine with couscous. Pour the liquid over the couscous.